One of our sweet little feline children has been gone for quite some days now, much longer than ever before. He remains undiscovered though I’ve walked the property and called for him on several nights repeatedly. It stabs at the heart to imagine him hurt or killed. If he’s gone, which seems likely at this point, I hope it was not in too much pain, though rare is the painless exit from here. His bright eyes and joyfully bounding form keep coming back to me like colorful autumn leaves sinking beneath the dark waters of a shaded forest well. I reach into the deep, cool quicksilver of time, but cannot pull him forth from whence he’s gone.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Vault of the Sound
- Summer Swim, A Poem from My Book, "Between the Hours"
- wind rattles
- Wind Riders, A Poem from My Book, "Between the Hours"
- First Green
- The Poetry of Gathered Rain - A Brief Analysis
- Clouds Above the Tomb
- Music, Fire, Creativity, and Candlelight
- Pacific View, A Poem from My Book, "Between the Hours"
View By Category