On the lawn last night around 8:30 or so, sitting in a camping chair with Gus on my lap, I noticed him glancing suddenly off to the right, as if something were moving about in the dark. I thought I also heard something, so I turned on my flashlight. Through the beam a rather large bat abruptly flew, heading south. I turned off the flashlight and I watched as the bat spiraled up towards the lambent moon, which softly glowed under a thin veil of cloud from behind the tulip tree. It was a marvelously poignant Halloween image, this rather large bat flickering moonward into the shadowy drooping branches of the tulip tree whose leaves lightly trembled in a damp whisper of a breeze.
Top Posts & Pages
- If I were not guided by the fragrance of Love's City, I'd have followed dark spirits into the endless desert of greed. -Rumi (tr. Star) 4 days ago
- The air that's trapped in caverns becomes stale How different from the breeze that fills a sail! -Rum (tr. Dhondy) 1 week ago
- It is a hard fight and a weary one, this fight of the truth-seeker: for the vow of the truth-seeker is more hard th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- From the beginning until the ending of time, there is love between Thee and me; and how shall such love be extinguished? -Kabir, tr. Tagore. 1 month ago
- "O slumbering ones, a hundred stations beyond wisdom I'll travel and finally be released from good and evil. There,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
View By Category