I love to write. Writing is a creative outlet for me and I thrill to the hunt for words that can reflect the beauty of nature or of philosophical and spiritual insights. I say “reflect” purposefully, because there is no way words can ever perfectly express anything. Every perception and insight is internal. Words are external. They don’t live in the same world. They have at best a long distance relationship. What’s more, my own insight and understandings, such as they are, change and (hopefully) evolve over time. What I say at one point may be later altered, refined, changed to more fully articulate some viewpoint on nature or the “view from here” of truth. Even so, I intend to do my best with all the sincerity I can muster to bypass preconceptions and bias, to delve as deeply as I can for the real gold.
Top Posts & Pages
- If I were not guided by the fragrance of Love's City, I'd have followed dark spirits into the endless desert of greed. -Rumi (tr. Star) 4 days ago
- The air that's trapped in caverns becomes stale How different from the breeze that fills a sail! -Rum (tr. Dhondy) 1 week ago
- It is a hard fight and a weary one, this fight of the truth-seeker: for the vow of the truth-seeker is more hard th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- From the beginning until the ending of time, there is love between Thee and me; and how shall such love be extinguished? -Kabir, tr. Tagore. 1 month ago
- "O slumbering ones, a hundred stations beyond wisdom I'll travel and finally be released from good and evil. There,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
View By Category